Job Opportunities at The Sunrise Project
The Sunrise Project believes that a diversity of experiences and perspectives, reflecting the diversity and experiences of people impacted most by climate change, will help us build stronger strategies, teams and movements. We strongly encourage First Nations people, people of colour, people living outside of cities, and people with disabilities and all talents to apply. We are continually working on becoming a better workplace for everyone. To improve our active commitment to building justice, equity, diversity and inclusion into our organisation and programs:
- We have zero tolerance for discrimination on the basis of race, gender, and sexuality and are actively looking for ways to challenge structural inequalities across our organisation and as part of our work to change the world.
- We are currently working with two agencies in Australia and in the US to review our organisational culture, recruitment and onboarding processes, team support and program strategies. We’ll be developing a plan by early 2021 that we can resource and implement over the next few years as an organisational priority.
- As a part of this plan we will put in place further policies and processes that clarify expected behaviour and address ongoing challenges so we can improve over time.
- We offer workplace training for our team on racism and how to understand and confront issues of privilege and white supremacy.
- We recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as the original custodians of this place called Australia and acknowledge that sovereignty was never ceded. We aim to actively support First Nations communities in the places we work, to challenge the impacts of colonisation including through fossil fuel extraction, as well as harness the opportunities in renewable energy so their communities benefit directly.
We want you to love working here:
The Sunrise Project is committed to creating a workplace that supports our staff to do their best work and develop professionally. We have the following in place to help us achieve that:
- Depending on country, contributions to retirement plans
- Generous leave provisions including: annual leave (duration pending country); birthday leave (if it’s your birthday, you get a day off); and cultural leave.
- Paid parental leave (duration pending country)
- Commitment to supporting to your professional development including organisation-wide budget allocation
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Coaching and management support with regular 1:1 meetings
- Performance reviews and feedback to support you and the team to reflect and grow
- A co-developed initial 3 month work plan to help you hit the ground running and have clarity on your role and responsibilities.
- Flexible work policy
You can also read more about our values here.
The Sunrise Project is searching for an experienced Senior Communications Strategist to co-develop and implement communication strategies to prevent the expansion of gas mining and exports and to accelerate its phase out.
HOW TO APPLY
The Sunrise Project is searching for an experienced Senior Campaign Strategist to join our team, supporting our objective of shifting Australia from fossil fuels to renewable energy.
About the role
The role of the Senior Campaigner is to collaborate with key organisational partners in the development and implementation of campaign strategies and tactics to protect Australia’s environment from the expansion of coal mining and exports, and seek strategies to phase it out.
HOW TO APPLY
The Sunrise Project is searching for an experienced Executive Assistant to join our team, supporting our two Co-Executive Directors
About the role
This role supports our two Co-Executive Directors, who manage the rapid scaling of our organization and programs. You’ll be the ‘chief wrangler’ who’ll bring high-level coordination and support to our executive and operations teams.
You’ll need to be a lateral thinker, problem-solver and be super-organised. You’re going to support the Executive Directors to prioritise, prepare and follow-through, so developing a deep understanding of our whole organisation, programs and the context we’re operating in is going make all the difference.
HOW TO APPLY
You can read the full position description and how to apply here.