Position Available – Campaign Assistant
Position Available – Campaign Assistant (Based in Oakland/Calif, 100% FTE)
The Sunrise Project is looking for a skilled, versatile and diligent problem solver to provide support for two exciting climate campaigns that are aiming to shift the financial system out of fossil fuels – BlackRock’s Big Problem and Insure Our Future.
The Sunrise Project is a small organization with an oversized impact. Driven by a passion to solve the climate crisis, we are a team of experienced campaigners, analysts and communications professionals with a mission to scale social movements to drive the transition beyond fossil fuels. With programs in the US, Europe and Australia, we’re focused on stopping major new fossil fuel projects, shifting the global finance sector out of fossil fuels, and accelerating the transition to 100% renewable energy in Australia.
Through our grants program we provide partner groups with the capacity they need, while our staff team provides strategy, analysis and networking support for partners to work together for greater impact. For more information about how we work, see www.sunriseproject.org.au.
Together with our network of partner NGOs, we’re running two campaigns to shift the global financial system out of fossil fuels. Our insurance campaign aims to get the world’s biggest insurance companies to stop underwriting and investing in fossil fuel projects and companies, while our asset manager campaign is aiming to push Blackrock, the world’s biggest investor, to shift out of fossil fuels.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate campaigner who can think on their feet, work independently and keep a lot of balls in the air to join our small team as a campaign assistant.
We will offer a salary of at least $60,395 as well as opportunities that will support your professional development as a campaigner.
You’re a quick learner, a skillful all-rounder, a diligent project manager and a creative problem solver. You’re a team player with excellent interpersonal communications skills and the ability to work effectively with colleagues in our Oakland, Paris and Sydney offices. You’re passionate about solving the climate crisis and winning campaigns.
Working with the Sunrise Project campaigners, the Campaign Assistant will take on the following tasks:
Arrange travel, meetings and events
- Book flights and accommodation;
- Organize venues and catering services for events;
- Organize communications and other equipment;
- Liaise with meeting participants.
- Complete & manage staff expense claims.
Program and communication support:
- Manage distribution and contact lists;
- Take on small design assignments (social media assets, letters, briefing papers, grant proposals etc);
- Post texts on our websites;
- Get quotes and order equipment and merchandize.
- Find documents and contacts;
- Take on other small research assignments.
Specific skills/experience needed
- Minimum of 2 years campaign experience;
- Experience with fulfilling basic administrative tasks, organizing events or managing other projects, designing basic documents and carrying out online research;
- Ability to quickly get acquainted with new software solutions.
How to Apply
Please send a resumé and cover letter with the subject line “Campaign Assistant” to: email@example.com. Applications are due by June 3, 2019.
The Sunrise Project values and celebrates diversity among our employees and in our movement and knows that’s the way we’re going to win big. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer — all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, family/marital status or veteran status.